How do you like to eat Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt?
Join us and fellow yogurt lovers in sharing the best local recipes using Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt. We love how our yogurt comes to life in meals shared by people in our community. In this harvest season, we invite you to honour the local bounty and share your recipe ideas.
What is the contest timeline?
The Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt Recipe Contest launches September 28th, 2015 and ends November 9th, 2015 at 11:59pm. Judging to select the winners will take place between November 10th and 15th. The winners will be notified directly by email in the week of November 16th, 2015 and announcements on social media will be made thereafter.
Who is eligible for the contest?
The contest is only open to residents of British Columbia. All contestants must be 18 years or older. Employees of Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt are not eligible to win.
What are the recipe categories?
Recipes should be submitted in one of 4 categories:
- Main Course
- Salad and/or dressing
There will be one Grand Prize winner, plus one winning recipe for each category, which makes a total of 5 winners.
What makes a “Stand-Out” submission?
- Stand out submissions are recipes that inspire us to buy locally and start cooking!
- We like recipes that are simple but creative and easy enough for a busy parent or lazy gourmet to prepare.
- We also love a great photo. A stand-out submission will include an engaging photo of the finished product; of the work in progress; or with you and your creation.
How do I submit an entry?
- All recipes must be submitted via the www.treeislandyogurt.com website using the online form before November 9th at 11:59pm PST. Submissions submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- As this is a contest aimed at community engagement, we encourage you to post your creation on a blog or social media for the world to see and include the tags #TreeIslandYogurt #BCBuyLocal. This is not a criteria for entry, but a fun part of sharing your recipe and hard work with your friends and community.
What can I win? What are the prizes?
Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt is offering the following prizes for the 2015 Recipe Contest:
Grand Prize: Tour for two people of Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt and 2 other local food producers or farms with Island Gourmet Trails, including lunch in the Comox Valley
Category Winners: Breakfast, Main Course, Salad/Appetizer, and Dessert winners may choose a $75 gift card from any one of our restaurant partners.
- Spinnakers Brew Pub, Victoria, BC
- Vista 18 at Chateau Victoria, Victoria, BC
- Olo Restaurant, Victoria, BC
- AJ’s Organic Cafe, Victoria, BC
- White Whale Public House, Comox Valley, BC
- Locals Restaurant, Comox Valley, BC
- Atlas Cafe, Comox Valley, BC
- Avenue Bistro, Comox Valley, BC
- Forage, Vancouver, BC
- Terra Breads Cafe, Vancouver, BC
How will we pick the winner?
Submissions to the Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt 2015 Recipe Contest will be scored on a point system, as follows:
- Recipe Presentation (photo) – Does the picture inspire us to cook? (10 points)
- Simplicity – Is it convenient and simple enough for anyone to try making? (10 points
- Originality – Do you use Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt in a creative or unique way? (10 points)
- The Story – Tell us what inspired your recipe. (10 points)
The names of entrants will not be visible to the judges. Top entries will be short listed and prepared for tasting by members of the CCFCC-North Vancouver Island Chefs Association. The judges will determine the winning recipes by giving a final score for flavour (10 additional points). The entry with the highest points in each submission category will be the winner. The Grand Prize will be the highest scoring entry.
All 2015 Recipe Contest submissions, including photos and recipes will become the property of Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt. We reserve the right to publish an eBook containing both the winners and other selected submissions.
We will feature a variety of submissions and winners from the 2015 Recipe Contest on our website and in social media between November 2015 and November 2016. We will provide recognition for the submissions by acknowledging the person’s full name, town of residence and link to their food blog if applicable.
How will the winners be announced?
2015 Recipe Contest winners will be announced in the week of November 15th via direct email notification to the winner and public notification on the Tree Island Gourmet website and social media channels. The Grand Prize winner and 4 category winners will also have their recipe featured in the Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt E-Newsletter.
Submit a Recipe here