Thank you everyone who submitted recipes in the #HarvestComoxValley Recipe Contest.
Extra special thank you to hanspetermeyer.ca for his support in bringing our community together; to Lesley Stav and the North Vancouver Island Chefs Association for their guidance; to Fluid Creative for their design; Chef Heidi Fink for her kick-off recipes, to our restaurant partners, Island Gourmet Trails and to the IAFBC for supporting our #BCBuyLocal Initiative!
We are pleased to announce the Best of Contest and Winners is 4 categories:
- Best of Contest – ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & HAZELNUT CASSEROLE WITH CHAI GREEK YOGURT. Submitted by Laura Agnew from As You Like It Products and Catering.
- Breakfast Winner – SAVOURY BREAKFAST MUFFINS. Submitted by Aysha Ozcetin, owner of HealthyEdge.ca which provides healthy school lunches in the Greater Victoria area.
- Salad Winner – FENNEL & ORANGE SLAW WITH MINT YOGURT DRESSING. Submitted by Jane Ireland.
- Main Course Winner – MOROCCAN DUCK BREAST WITH YOGURT MARINADE. Submitted by Lia McCormick from Clever Crow Herbs, Spices, and Sea Salt.
- Dessert Winner – CHAI YOGURT CHEESECAKE WITH GINGERSNAP CRUST. Submitted by Laura Murray of MakingHealthyChoices.ca